Not too long ago, our super crafty and awesome friend Bea gifted us with a radical hand cranking ice cream machine! No more blender ice creams for us… even as fun as they were to experiment with! We have graduated to real ice cream. Vegan ice cream, that is!
Here’s an ice cream we whipped up, that is naturally sweet, delicious, and best of all… healthy! This makes enough for two to share, unless you are feeling greedy… then keep it to yourself! We won’t tell, we promise.
Banana Cinnamon Ice Cream (Raw)
- 2 very ripe bananas (the more spots, the more antioxidants!)
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon honey/agave
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch o’ himalayan sea salt
Ice Cream Methodology:
- Place all of your ingredients in your blender, and blend away.
- Transfer to your ice cream machine (we have a Donvier Ice Cream Maker) and churn occasionally for twenty minutes.
- Gobble up! Yum!
We think that this would be really good with walnut pieces churned into it as well… and if we had had some, by golly, there would have been walnuts in that picture! Also, if you want it to taste extra sweet, try adding more honey and perhaps some pure vanilla extract. But it is pretty darn good on it’s own, just sayin’!