Shannon made me some of this magic hummus not too long ago… and about two seconds after putting it in my mouth I was enamored with it. In case you didn’t notice, we are pretty obsessed with cilantro and garlic here in the BEST HAUS. We try to sneak this stuff into everything! So naturally, a hummus with the two of these ingredients combined is going to be a house favorite real quick!
Luckily, Shannon was a good friend and shared her recipe with me, so now I shall pay it forward and be a good internet friend and share it with you!
Garlic Cilantro Hummus:
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- The juice from one large, juicy lemon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic (or more if you are a garlicaholic)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, stems and all (or MORE!)
- 1/4 cup BEST quality water
- Sea salt and black pepper, to your taste
- A pinch of cayenne for garnish (or paprika if you can’t handle the hots)
Just toss it all into your food processor/blender friend and fuse those ingredients together with the magic push of a button.
DEVOUR! Dip veggies in this stuff, smother it on a pita or bread like substance for a tasty spread, or just shove it by the spoonful into your mouth. Whatever is clever! I need you garlic cilantro hummus, all of the time, constantly. Please and thank you!