To escort the Falafel that we made for the family’s Monday night dinner, we made a delicious greek salad, complete with TOFETA! TOFU+FETA=AMAZING. Needless to say, tofeta is our new favorite.
Appearing in this salad: chopped romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, cucumber, red onion, and the glorious tofeta, with a balsamic dressing on the side.
We found the tofeta recipe in Vegan on the Cheap, and slightly adjusted it. Here it is for you to eat!
- 10 oz extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Bust out your strong vegan fingers and crumble that tofu, leaving a few cubes just for fun.
- Add in all of the rest of the ingredients, and stir it around until it’s dizzy with flavor.
- Let it marinate for a half an hour, and give it a nice turn around halfway through, to ensure proper flavorication. AND THAT’S IT!
Now for the Balsamic Dressing… we got this recipe out of The 30 Minute Vegan:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup quality water
In a blender, blend everything but the oil together, nice and good. Now with the motor still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the top of the blender, so that it emulsifies into the rest of the ingredients. Done and done!
Now toss your salad with desired amount of dressing and tofeta and DEVOUR! Put the rest of the dressing and tofeta away in the fridge for another salad day! Hooray!